Sunday, February 1, 2015

What's the Deal with Maya Hart?

Okay so here's the thing with my friend, Maya Hart. She originally came from a broken home. Her mom neglected her and was never able to feed her and her dad left when she was 3 months old or something like that. It was 2 or 3 months, I'm pretty sure it was 3 months. The point is she was little. Then her dad called her all the time and sent her stuff and then over the summer holidays from Grade's 2-3 she never heard from him and that upset her so much, she started misbehaving because of how upset she was. She didn't wanna do anything, so she wouldn't listen to anyone. She made a fuss about everything she had to do. Then she turned into this rebel chick, who's always disobeying the rules and she doesn't believe in them. So she wears gothic like clothes, not that badly though. She was more when she was younger but as she progressed this year, she was less gothic, but she didn't change much at all. So then her and Riley were hanging out with Farkle and Lucas alot. Maya and Lucas were always together and it was sorta off that relationships they had. For the first 2 months of 7th Grade, she hated his guts and found him extremely annoying. When I saw them growing so close, it confused me and I had this instinct that I wasn't even sure what it meant. One morning I walked into class and saw Lucas sitting behind Maya, messing with her hair and she didn't care. When she looked back at him, she was talking normally and smiling. I was confused, "I thought she hated him" I said in my head. I sat beside her, which is my normal seat. I watched them and right when the bell went, I walked up to her. "What is wrong with you and Lucas?" I asked her. "Haha, nothing's wrong" she said all concerned, like she was for me. "Then why were you guys--" she inturupted me right there. "We are friends, you've known that" she smiled as we walked to art class. "Friends? I thought he got on your nerves" I said. "Well he's cute otherwise, I barely hear him talk!" she smiled and set her stuff down on the art table and walked to the other side of the room. I sat down in the seat beside her empty one and sighed. Then after a while, that relationship progressed. One day after school in early October, she came up to me. "Guess what!?" she chanted happily. "By that reaction, I'm gonna guess it's not your mom" I smiled. Then she told me what happened the night before, and she and Lucas were all hooked up together, Maya and Lucas. Something was up. I was unsure about this relationship. When I asked Lucas later that day, what his deal is with Maya. He said "Who Maya? Maya her?" looking at her. "Uhh, yeah" I said obviously. "She's just another girl, you know" he said and sat in his seat. Every day after that Maya was coming to me telling me what they did. It wasn't until November, when I disapproved completely. On the morning of November 12th, Maya came crying to me, saying that Lucas hit her. "What!?!" I cried, I knew I was worried for something. "It wasn't hard, he didn't want me to be hurt, he just wanted me to feel bad" she cried. Tears were streaming down her white face, I hugged her and looked straight at her. I held her shoulders and looked her dead in the eyes. "You listen to me, and you listen good" I said. She nodded, she seemed a bit afraid of me, but Maya Hart's not afraid of anyone. Except from that moment forward, she was. After being hit by Lucas, she realized she wasn't all powerful and she became more afraid of everyone. "You have to swear on both of our lives, that you will never do that ever again" I said firmly. "Do what?" she cried. "Go with him, any night, any day" I said. "O-Okay" she said, wiping away her tears. "Good" I let go of her. Then the day later, she came to me and said she did it. She went with him. And that's how it was everyday. There were days here and there when she came to me and said she didn't do it. The weird thing was, she never ever lied to me. When she did it, which was 80% of the time, she admitted it right away. So when she said she didn't do it, I knew she didn't. Then one day in late November she came to me the next day, crying her soar eyes out. "Oh my gosh, what's the matter!?" I said alerted. She looked sooo red-faced and her shirt was soaked from tears. "He beat me" she cried. "What?!" I asked. "He beat me up" I added. "Who beat you up, beat you up how?" I asked concerned and fastly. "Lucas did, he hit me and hit me really hard and I have red bruises on me here and here and here" she said pointing at places on her. "Look at this" she said, lifting up her shirt a little and showed me the side of her stomach which had a big black bruise. "Oh...my...gosh" I said with my jaw dropped. "You gotta go to the nurse!" I cried. "What? No!!" Maya called pulling me back. "What why?" I asked sadly. "He'll kill me, he'll hate me. The he'll kill me" she cried, wiping her face. "No, getting help is the best solution" I said. "No, please don't. I'm always honest with you and I don't wanna get hurt. Do this for me?" she said. I could see the innocence in her, she must've done something to make Lucas go so awol on her. "Poor girl..." I thought in my head as I looked at the side of her arm, bruised. "Maya, he's abusing you" I warned. "No, I don't care. He will hurt me again, if I get him into any trouble. You can't tell anyone, he can't know I told" she cried. I could see she was so scared, concerned for her own safety. If it was to keep him from beating her senselessly, I guess it was the best idea. I sighed. "Okay, fine. I won't tell" I said. "I always tell you the truth, so if I ask you if you told, don't lie to me." she said walking away. "Okay" I said. "And don't tell!" she shouted from a distance. I sat in my desk that day and looked at Lucas. "Gonna kill 'em" I thought, shaking my head in discouragement. Then Maya came to me and said she just wanted it to be the way it was again. She didn't want it to be this way, she wanted her friends back. "I don't want it to be weird between me and Lucas. I miss our old relationship and everyone's old relationships" she said. All she wanted was for it to go back to normal. Then adventually she made it there. She kept going back to Lucas, because everyone was forcing her to. She didn't want to, but what choice did she have. Then adventually, she got out of it and she hasn't had such an off relationship with him for a while now. He's been going against her, hating her for doing nothing to him, but he doesn't beat her up anymore. I would know if he did. She would tell me if they did that anymore. For what I know, they are back to normal again. It was a rock hard journey that was. It was tough to get back to where she started with him. But she still isn't. He's always rude to her and she can never stand him. He was my partner on a health project and she made me leave him because he was rude. He doesn't beat her up anymore, so that's good. She was loved, hated and beaten and she got out of it all. That was a hard journey, it must've been. To be apart of it, to be Maya's go-to-gal, it was hard to hear that every single day. She came to me with bruises I never have seen anything like before. I honestly wonder how he was beating her, how she got those bruises to look the way they did. She made it so far, and for those of you who don't know how hard it's been and exactly what she's been through, now you do. She never revealed it in such detail before, not even on her blog. She's never told the story how I just did. Remember, you have no idea what the person beside you has been through. Now you do. So remember, it's all over and everyone's okay now. This was hard to write and hard to experience. For anyone going through what Maya went through, or even being in my posistion, having one of your friends being beaten senselessly by anyone, just remember, do whatever it takes to protect their safety. Avoid getting anyone even more hurt. I'm sorry it was so long, just be aware that people have gone through more than you think. Remember that.

So that's Maya, the poor little beaten girl but she looks pretty normal, don't you think? She's happy, she's not bruised up and she looks like any other girl. This picture was taken recently and like I said, she managed to get out of being beaten up and her bruises from November-December went away and she looks normal now. She's relatively happy most of the time now. She has her little mishaps here and there, but everyone does. She is pretty adorable and average lookin' I would say. She's got no problem with her friendships that much anymore, she's got something else she's dealing with right now, I'm not sure exactly what, but that's what I heard. She's a content little girl living the normal life of a 14-year-old 7th Grader. Which doesn't happen often, so Maya's one in a million! She's super cute though, I'd say she's cuter than me! She's not that confident though, after being beaten and emotionally rubbed off on all the time, she must not feel any better than she did before. I never mentioned that because I sorta forgot. He hit her lots, but he also insulted her rapidly along with it. She was low on confidence back then and still is now, but now that she's not going through such a hard thing with Lucas anymore, she's a bit better with her confidence. So anyway, that's her. She's pretty average now I'd say, yeah.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, okay here's the thing, umm Sarah. I was actually kind of trying to keep being beaten senselessly into my own head a thing that not the whole world knew, yeah?

    ReplyDelete